Bexwell St Mary Church Norfolk

Bexwell Parish is approximately 1 1/2 miles E N E of Downham Market , and was in Downham Union and county court district , the Clackclose Hundred , and Downham Polling district . It is in the Fincham Rural Deanery and the Norfolk Archdeaconry. In 1845 it had , according to White`s Directory, 70 inhabitants, three houses, six cottages, 1,100 acres of land most of which was owned by the then Sir Thomas Hare, bart, and E R Pratt and a Mrs Doyle. The church of St Mary is described as mainly of carr stone, partly Perpendicular, partly Norman, with a tower, half round, half octagonal with one bell. In 1845 the rectory is in the gift of the Bishop of Ely and in the incumbency of the Rector.

. Note watermarks are only for website only, purchased images are free of the watermark.


Powered by SmugMug Log In