Search Over 4000 Art & Stock Image Downloads
St Peter church Thurleigh gallery, Bedfordshire architecture art
St Peter village church Thurleigh Bedfordshire
The Parish Church of Saint Peter is a grade II* listed building dating from approximately 1130, with 14th- and 15th-century additions and restored in the 1880s. The former vicarage was finished in 1750 for vicar Robert Lerogne. Other listed buildings include a windmill tower, built c.1890, and dwellings dating mainly from the 17th,18th and 19th centuries. The Baptist Chapel was built in 1888 on the same site as an earlier building. Thurleigh Castle was a medieval timber, motte-and-bailey, castle, but only earthworks survive today. In addition to the USAAF memorial previously mentioned, there is a War Memorial near the church to the men of the village who gave their lives in two world wars. Part of the village is a conservation area.
Note watermarks are only for website only, purchased images are free of the watermarks.
Browse all homepages