Search Over 4000 Art & Stock Image Downloads
Ringstead St Andrews village church North Norfolk photography gallery
St Andrews Ringstead
Parish church. Flint, with limestone and carstone green and blue slate roofs. c.13OO tower, chancel, nave, 1865 north aisle and internal details. West tower, nave and south porch, chancel, north aisle with vestries at east end. Tower partly rebuilt in red brick at south and west with 2 west buttresses and 1865 2-light west window. 4 switch tracery belfry windows, battlemented parapet and conical roof. Nave south side one 2-light Decorated window at west, 2 fine 3-light Perpendicular windows at east. 3 buttresses. South porch 1865, figure of Good Shepherd in gable. Chancel south one single light window with ogee head and label stops. 2 2-light straight headed Decorated windows 2 cusped half arches springing from central mullion intersecting one cusped whole arch, with labels and stops,c,1300 priest's door. Nave east gable and chancel east wall 1865, a 3-light Decorated style window, carstone banding. North aisle 1865. Large plate tracery west window, 2 2-light Decorated style windows and one door at east end. Lean-to vestry with prominent north stack and 2 lancets for east gable. Large naturalistic spout heads on line of valley between 1300 nave and aisle roofs. Interior: south door c.1200 Decorated chancel arch and rich angle piscina with ogee arches, label stops heads and finials. 2 south windows have internal labels and head stops. Aumbry and blocked door on north. Good and ledger slabs. Other details largely of 1865, bay north arcade, nave roof and benches, stone pulpit with marble inlay. Font base, octagonal bowl. Chancel : arched braced scissor truss roof, painted; chancel arch and communion rails and stalls; bold High Victorian reredos, alabaster, all of 1865. North aisle east arch revealing vestry. Wall tablet in tower.
Note watermarks are only for website only, purchased images are free of the watermarks.
Browse all homepages